The Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences (CNMS) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory is pleased to announce plans for the 2012 CNMS User Meeting, to be held on September 14 at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Featured workshops will begin earlier in the week.
annual user meeting combines oral presentations, poster sessions,
workshops and tutorials into a compact program
designed to illuminate the frontiers of nanoscience research
and acquaint researchers with the scientific resources for nanoscience that this user facility
The 2012 User Meeting will feature:
- Invited plenary speakers presenting their vision of nanoscience research challenges and opportunities:
- John Anthony, University of Kentucky
- Walter DeHeer, Georgia Tech
- Invited user presentations by users of CNMS facilities:
- William Butler, University of Alabama
- Wei-Ren Chen, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- J. Todd Hastings, University of Kentucky
- Jon-Paul Maria, North Carolina State University
- Andrew Rinzler, University of Florida
- Donghui Zhang, Louisiana State University
- Contributed user talks to be selected from submitted abstracts.
- The RidgeDance NanoScience Film Festival will be back by popular demand on Thursday evening as well. Attendees are invited to submit video clips or still images of their work. Contact Chris Rouleau or Peter Cummings for additional information.
- Complete information on how to become a user.
- User Proposal Planning- Ample opportunity to meet with facility staff and other researchers to discuss and plan for submission of user proposals.
- User Group business meeting will provide opportunities for the user community at-large to provide input on planning and future facility developments.
- User Research Posters: Current facility users and prospective users will present results of their research and share their experiences at the user facilities. The User Poster Session on Thursday evening will provide a great opportunity for grad students and postdocs to present and discuss their research with colleagues. Visit Abstract Call for poster layout instructions.
Advance Registration is required to attend this user meeting because of access control at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a U.S. Department of Energy facility (Deadline: August 31, 2012). On-site registration will not be available. All attendees are required to register and provide their name, affiliation, and contact information. Those without an ORNL badge will also be asked for date and place of birth and citizenship.
Access to ORNL is for the purpose of attending this user meeting only and does not enable access to other ORNL facilities or laboratories. Access to ORNL requires photo identification; foreign nationals will need to bring their valid passport and visa.
The CNMS user facility is supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Basic Energy Sciences to provide specialized instrumentation and expertise to researchers from universities, national laboratories, and industry that enables them to conduct forefront research that would otherwise not be possible with resources at their home institutions.
We hope to see you here in September!