CNMS is pleased to offer an introduction to the use of our Zeiss Libra 120 Plus Energy-Filtered Transmission Electron Microscope (EFTEM) for the study of soft materials. This two day event will be taught by Zeiss and CNMS staff and be held on September 12th and 13th at the CNMS, just prior to the CNMS User Meeting on September 14, 2012.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Setting up and operating the EFTEM
- A users guide to the energy loss spectrum
- Using energy-filtered imaging for tasks such as
- Identifying elements from their characteristic energy losses and performing quantitative chemical microanalysis
- Elemental mapping with the EFTEM
- Determination of sample thickness from plasmon peak intensities
- Use of energy filtering to optimize images from thick samples
- Energy-filtered diffraction patterns
For safety reasons attendance will be limited to 10.